Friday, November 7, 2014

Cake experimenting

I soon as I saw this cake from Cuochi di Carta I knew I had to try it!


It is pretty simple and the ingredients I used are quite common.

Ingredients:
- 150 g of flour (oats and rye for me)
- 80 g of brown sugar

- A pinch of cinnamon 
- A tablesoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 130 g of apple juice
- 40 g of oil

- 1 apple diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds


Warm up the oven at 180C. Mix the dry ingredients, except the almonds, then add the fluid. Transfer to your cake form. Springle the almonds on top. Set in the oven for 30-35 min. Ready! 


I am going to serve it for breakfast tomorrow morning! I hope the kids will enjoy it :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: The cake was GOOD!!! Soft inside and crunchy on top (ah, those roasted almonds!) So good that I had to bake another one two days after!! This time I used both an apple and 50 gr of dark chocolate (milk-free). The darl chocolate makes it extra yummy!!

Do you know any other cake recipes without eggs and milk? Please share if you'd like ;)


2 comments:

Valeria, Marco e Sara, i Maramei said...

Dall'aspetto sembra ottimo, e a giudicare dagli ingredienti deve avere anche un buon profumino.
Come è andata la colazione?
un abbraccio!

Scribacchini said...

Nice to see you liked it.You made my day. Hugs. Kat